Thursday, March 31, 2011

I LOVE Essex

What is Essex you might say? Essex is one of the best kept secrets of Tennessee and luckily for me they also have one in Northern Alabama. I must admit that it is quite possible that next to Target I am completely addicted to shopping at the Essex. I have been known to make the quick drive up to Nashville and hit every Target and Essex possible in one day and then drive home with a car full of amazing finds - on more than on occasion.

Essex is a retail outlet that is based out of Tennessee where they have ten locations. All of their products are overstock so it can only be compared to TJ Maxx, Marshall's, or Ross, BUT Essex has even better prices. They don't carry as much stock of one item for the most part, unless it was a large overstock and it that situation you are bound to get an amazing deal. Their stock changes day to day and they normall get around three shipments per week of new merchandise. Since many of their items are Amazon and other internet site returns you can find completely random, but wonderful deals.

Just yesterday I decided to take a quick run into the Essex and I came across what is now in my top ten list of Essex purchases -

                                                              Frye Harlow Campus Boots

Now I LOVE shoes and this was a complete steal!
Regular Price $398
(not even including tax)

Essex Price $33.99
(so even with 8% tax $36.71)

If I would have bought these at retail price I would have paid $429.84 which means I saved $393.13 off retail!! The price I paid for them was just a little over what I would have paid in just taxes!!!

Now obviously I was very lucky that these amazing boots were in my size, but this just shows what type of crazy great deals you can find at the Essex.

In other trips I have found brands like Burberry, Badgley Mischka, Jack Rogers, Le Creuset, Uppa Baby, Teutonia, and so many more. The Essex has literally every department from Babies and Toys to Electronics and Housewares. They sell furniture, rugs, luggage, home improvement items, clothes, shoes, office supplies, sewing machines, etc. I could probably go on for days about how wonderful the Essex is, but I will spare you and just list out a few other great deals I have purchased in the last few months.

                                                
                                                         Uppa Baby G Lite Stroller

               I desperately needed an Umbrella stroller because I refused to trust my I'coo Targo to the airlines and we were getting ready to fly to Hawaii on vacation. So of course I turned to the Essex and was able to find Uppa Baby G Lite Strollers (Regularly $100+) for a mere $50 - such a great price for an awesome brand.



                                                                       Habitual Jeans

                   I LOVE how great these jeans fit, but there is no way that I would ever be willing to pay $198 for one pair of jeans. Lucky for me while skimming through the clothes department of Essex one day I came across these Harlow Habitual Jeans for $19.99 - now that is a price I am perfectly ok with paying. :)


                    I'll be heading back over to Essex on Friday so stayed tuned for my latest find!

No comments:

Post a Comment