Thursday, March 31, 2011

Koupon Kutting Ken

So of course not every Bargain Barbie needs a Koupon Kutting Ken, but this one does and he is so very helpful. I am going to take you all into my crazy world of coupons and even let you see pictures of my fabulous coupon binder!

So when getting started you need a few things to keep you organized.
  1. Any type of Binder - I started out with a 5" three ring binder, but quickly upgraded after a few weeks to this:



             This Z Binder is fantastic - not only is it larger - but it has two sides which makes it super easy to  keep grocery coupons on one side and everything else on the other.



      2. Dividers - I prefer ones that you can put your own tabs on so you can decide which categories are important to you. The ones that I use also have a pocket in the front so if you have coupons that are about to expire you can put them in the pocket and remember to use them.




        3. Baseball Card holders or Make your own holders out of plastic page holders (I'll be blogging about this very soon)

            Here is a glimpse at my coupon in holders - as you can see you do have to fold coupons to fit on occasion so the make it yourself holders are pretty wonderful since you can create your own sizes.





      4. Coupons!!! Now that you have a binder set up you can collect lots and lots of coupons!!!


      So if you end up like me and you have a spouse that decides coupons are amazing as well you can come up with a quick and easy system to organizing your coupons each week. Sunday is a pretty big coupon day because some sites put out new coupons in addition to getting coupons from your local newspaper ads. Usually in our household we pick up 2-4 newspapers depending on how great the coupons are that particular week. I separate the ads out and my Koupon Kutting Ken cuts them and then stacks them into piles. The piles coordinate with sections of my coupon binder like "frozen food" or "dairy." Then I will organize the coupons into the binder and look for any matchups - this is also an excellent time to go through ads and make your plan for the coming week.

            Here is Koupon Kuttin Ken's area:

                       Hopefully this brief overview will help you get started in organizing your coupons!
           Look for more information on organizing and couponing in the next few days as I will continue to post helpful tips over the next week.

 

*** As a side note the binder I use was found at Target for $18.99 and the baseball card holders were $4.98 for 30 - I would suggest buying at least two sets unless you are making your own as well. ***
   

No comments:

Post a Comment