Thursday, April 14, 2011

Awesome Surprise at Victoria Secret

So for anyone that shopped at Victoria Secret over the past 30 days or so you received one or more of their "Secret" Gift cards - nifty name huh? lol Anyway these fabulous little cards came with every purchase and had either $10, $50, or $500 on them - of course I received 5 and wasn't lucky enough to score any that were for $50 or $500, but by shopping smartly I was able to get a fabulous deal!

Last year when I was pregnant I went into VS because I had gotten a coupon and they were having a sale - so while I was there I ended up looking at all of their lotions, body washes, and sprays since I wasn't feeling very attractive and it was already 98 degrees outside. Hehehe So I stumbled across this really cute new collection and fell in love with "Island Escape" - the name is PERFECT - it immediately reminded me of my honeymoon and being on the beaches in Antigua - overall its just a really nice beachy scent. Anyway they were doing a special on it so I bought several and gave a few in gift baskets to my wonderful friends that threw my baby shower. Since I like to vary the body sprays that I use I just recently got to the really low part of my last bottle and I figured I would have to go find something else to replace it like their new "Pink Aloha" collection - (fabulous by the way.)

So getting to the good part of this blog I decided to make a quick run by VS to use my gift cards today - prepared to buy about 3 bottles of Pink Aloha ($15 each) so I'd end up spending at least $15 - not a bad deal for getting $45 worth of products. To my surprise though they had the entire collection that I loved from last year on sale for 75% off!!

Here is what I ended up with - along with a breakdown. ;)





(6) Shower Gels - 4 Girl's Night Out and 2 Good Day Sunshine
Regular Price $10 each ($60)
Sale Price $2.50 each ($15)

(2) Smoothing Body Scrubs in Island Escape
Regular Price $12 ($24)
Sale Price $3 ($6)

(4) Body Lotion in Island Escape
Regular Price $10 ($40)
Sale Price $2.50 ($10)

(4) Body Spray in Island Escape
Regular Price $12 ($48)
Sale Price $3 ($12)

Grand total should have been $185.76  (we have 8% sales tax here)

Total with sale including tax- $46.44

I had 5 gifts card for $10 off, but I used one on the new Body by Victoria Multi Way Bra (Amazing by the way) so that left (4) $10 gift cards and  since you can't combine them I separated my purchase into 4 transactions - 4 lotions, 4 shower gels, 4 body sprays, & 2 shower gels with 2 smoothing body scrubs

So once you take away the $40 in gift cards I spent a total of $6.44 including tax on products that retailed for $185.76 which breaks down to about .40 cents per product!!

Keep in mind I did have to spend money to get these $10 gift cards, but I waited until they were doing a special online where you got 2 gift cards per purchase and I was actually in need of new bras anyway so getting the gift cards was simply a bonus to a purchase I would be making anyway in the near future.

Crazy sales like this can be a great addition to any stockpile - especially when you find a scent you really like. In addition this situation solidifies my statement that you should never pay retail price on anything unless you have to because there will always be a sale coming up!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment